Monday, November 24, 2008

Catherine gifted me me this fantastically cute book for my 30th birthday. I put it to good use for Josu's 3rd birthday. The sock elephant was fun - - the book gave enough direction but also left room for improvising . . . which I like.

and I think I have to admit, what I really, really liked was how this little guy facilitated accessorizing.

ummm . . . yes. the wee bear's ears are tweaked and crooked. I did some fast and furious blind stitching as I sat by Rachel's bed during her recent ER visit. I love hand stitching. you can take it anywhere.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

okay, that couldn't be more precious. Please tell me what book it was, I want it. That truly is cute, and maybe I'll make something similar (with a girl twist) for Julia for her b-day in february. seiously, soooooo cute.

Unknown said...

I think Josu is going to carry that little elephant everywhere, and by the way, that little cape is super duper cute.

Unknown said...

i can't stop looking at it...

Naomi Smith said...

Gab - - just follow the link (on the word "this") to the book on Amazon. I should email you some pictures scanned from the book (that seems like honest, ethical behavior to me . . . how about to you?)

I really think that you would enjoy it . . . and Amaleah could even knit a little scarf for the soft, cuddly gift! (that was the accessory that I didn't get around to)

Rachel said...

Naomi, these pictures turned out SOOO well! I love the one where Josu is fuzzy in the background...and then of course where he's making the elephant fly and is finally, really-and-truly laughing his delightful little chuckle.

Cat said...

Hm, FYI Naomi, I would never pay so little for YOUR 30th birthday present. I assure you I went to a real bookstore and purchased it at a very very high price ;)