Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Projects for airplanes



When you're facing a long trip on a plane (which I did over the weekend), here's what you do: knit a baby hat...or anything else for that matter. And yes, it's totally legal to take knitting needles on a plane, surprisingly enough.

As for my list of projects, it's overloaded because my girls and I have decided to make homemade gifts this year...so we're knitting and sewing up a storm...or should be anyway! For the sake of surprise, those will have to be posted after Christmas!

4 comments:

Naomi Smith said...

nice! is this for baby blake?

I totally almost got kicked off of an international flight for having knitting needles (the teeniest, tiniest pair you've ever seen) - - the stewardess FREAKED OUT! and then when I misunderstood her (at first I thought she was just telling me "next time you probably shouldn't bring needles on the plane", but apparently what she thought that she was saying was "put those away RIGHT NOW") she proceeded to call the co-pilot out to correct me!

anyways . . . what I really like about this project is that you planned ahead for it. I find that the biggest hindrance for me using my traveling time (or conference time) profitably is not planning in advance. and then I have lot's o time with nothing to do, and it makes me very sad. (you know, moderate, crafting sad)

homemade gifts!? hoorah! how ambitious, how exciting! I can't wait to see!

Unknown said...

my planning ahead consisted of me at midnight the night before digging through my patterns and extra balls of yarn...so it was some preparation, but not much. Actually, this one is for a ballet mom's baby, if I see her soon. I have this other hat I've thought of for Blake, but I can't seem to find it presently!

Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat said...

I especially like the colour and pattern! Did you know on international flights in Australia and the US you can't take knitting needles on board?