Sunday, November 16, 2008

hmmmmm.

(Malachai's "yes i'm a very cool dude look." or in this case, very sick. and aunt Rachel's making me model. anyway...)

well now. this was supposed to be for Josiah. the first time I made it, I ran out of yarn. I frogged it. I recalculated. I changed the pattern. I made it again, and had an arm's length of yarn left over. yay for me, I thought! finished! with just enough yarn to weave in! off to try it on Malachai or Naomi to see if it's big enough for Josiah-in-Tennessee.

as you see, not so much. we decided this would be a great hat for Malachai, but in another color (and sorry Malachai, your mom says red isn't your color either, so it won't be in red). In the meantime, points for me for having a gift hat in my closet....but minus points for having to start from scratch for Josiah. sorry, Josiah!

pattern: Binary Cable Hat (found on ravelry)
yarn: RYC Cashsoft Aran, and I'm not kidding when I say you need 1 whole skein
gauge: who knows. apparently, I don't believe in doing swatches (and this is the sort of thing that happens as a result. you'd think I'd learn!)
needles: US 7

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so I'm curious, does the pattern call for the variation in cables?

Rachel said...

yeah, it's kinda funky that way (it wasn't just me knitting late at night!). And even though I would/might make it again, the pattern was kinda confusing to read. I'd re-write it.