Saturday, February 6, 2010

Amaleah's Kerchief



This is my kerchief. I started it on January 23rd .
I learned to increase on this project.
It started with 3 stitches and it ended with 71 stitches.
At the end of each corner, you tie a piece of yarn 37 1/2 inches long.
You put it through with an embroidery needle, and then come to where it's half-way in, and tie a knot, and do the same with the other corner. I like that you don't have to have just one color, and you can have three of your favorite colors. Mom and I decided that I could give it to Julia for her birthday. One day when it was finished she asked me, "Can you make another one for me?" And I said, "Wait til your birthday; see what you'll find!"
Yesterday, I started a headband and finished it today! Now I'm starting a knitting bag...in the book it's called a "tote bag." When I'm done with it, I'll post another blog!


~by Amaleah

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you, Amaleah! It's so fun for me, your mommy, to watch you learn to knit and love it! It's fun to have knitting parties with you...I look forward to seeing how you get better and better at knitting!

Francey said...

Way to go, Amaleah! Your kerchief is beautiful, and I can't wait to see the tote bag you're going to make!

Naomi Smith said...

WOW! Amaleah, that looks so great! the colors you chose look fantastic together; I can't wait to see your other projects!

Ginny said...

Amaleah,

You are very talented; and blessed to have a Mom that can teach you to knit. The kerchief is beautiful and looks very pretty on you. Happy knitting!!!

darcie said...

Amaleah, I love it (and I love knitting with you!) and the kerchief is especially cute on birthday girl Julia!