Wednesday, December 9, 2009

a dragon for Josu

My Josu loves, loves, loves dragons. every time we go down to our local coffee shop
it's pretty much a given that Malachai will bring along a book to be read aloud to,
and that Josu will bring paper and some sort of drawing medium;
and it goes like this this:
1. he begs me to draw a castle with him
2. he insists that there be a dragon in the dungeon
. . . and maybe one flying
. . . . . . and then probably another one - - claws up and fire spewing out its terrible jaws
so, behold (above) Malachai modeling Josu's handmade Christmas gift (handmade is so in this year . . . . )

I followed the basic instructions for this hat,
using a couple of t-shirts that had run their course in my closet.
I added a row of dragon spikes and a nice pointy tail.
it's all a bit off
but I'm hoping Josu will be so busy breathing fire that he won't notice.

p.s. I've sworn off sewing jersey knit forever

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I made 3 of these minus the dragon spikes, out of felted wool (which I would like to sew with for the rest of my life). I don't think I would even attempt to make this hat out of jersey knit... you are SO talented and brave! The hat looks great! Bravo!