Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Favorite Sling



I thought I'd share a picture of the sling I made for Landis. I love, love, love it! I found instructions here, and the cutest fabric at Joann's (which is so close to my house I can walk there, how cool is that). It was so easy. It took me a week because I had a newborn, and I sewed on it for 5 minutes at a time, but if I had 2 hours I could definitely do it in that amount of time. Jan Andrea suggests not using calicos, but the fabric she recommends offers no cute prints. So I chose a calico, and then doubled it and added a contrasting fabric, which she offered instructions for. You have to order sling rings here, but they're super cheap. So Landis loves being all snuggled up with mommy, and it's much better than carrying that heavy baby carrier around.




2 comments:

Naomi Smith said...

Very cute, Gab! nice job varying from the original instructions!

maybe you could make one to match every outfit?

(and being able to walk to Joann's is seriously, seriously, cool)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You guys are good!!

Zinnada