Tuesday, December 1, 2009

in light blue linen:

these pockets nearly did me in
they're not so tricky . . . once you figure the bad boys out . . .
(it was a two week process for me)
this was helpful for me, and this (which is in Spanish, but the pictures were some of the clearest I found)
I traced this pattern from Catherine's Japanese pattern book (remember that weekend, Cat?!)
almost two years ago. the original pattern is long sleeved, and shorter - - but I thought it would be nice as a summer dress so that I wouldn't have to worry about pairing it with a bottom piece; so I extended the hemline and capped the sleeves.

and if anyone happens on a pair of these at your local Goodwill, please snatch them up for me? they and the dress are meant to be together.

Also,I couldn't read the Japanese on the pattern . . . but whatever size this is, it fits Josu perfectly (we called it a shirt).

No comments: